Welcome to the Irondequoit Post #134 Website
The Irondequoit American legion Post 134 was established in 1928, and incorporated under the Benevolent Orders Law of the State of New York in 1932. As amended July 1st 2008 the government and management of this Post is intrusted to an Executive Committee of nine members to be known as the "Executive Committee", and shall be made up of the Commander, First Vice-Commander, Second Vice-Commander, Adjutant, Finance Officer, a Board of Trustees consisting of two members to serve for a period of two years. Over the years The American Legion has influenced considerable change in America, won hundreds of benefits for Veterans and produced many important programs for children and youth.
Commander: Elmer Brown
First Vice-Commander: George C. Van Epps Second Vice-Commander: Alexander C. Johnson
Adjutant: Edwin J. Sulewski Jr. Finance Officer: Angelo P. Laloggia
Sergeant-at-Arms: Edward R. Bardell Chaplain: Richard R. Lawrence
Quartermaster -Trustee: Leslie J.Carr Trustee: Charles D. Vancheri
Judge Advocate: Franklin D' Aurizio
One of our primary missions is to make sure that our Veterans and their families receive the support and recognition they deserve. Every member of our organization is a wartime veteran. We know how important it is to receive the support of our fellow citizens during and after our military service.
We provide support in the form of volunteer hours and financial contributions toward the betterment and maintenance of the many programs bringing comfort and happy times to the hospitalized as well as the outpatient Veterans of the Canandaigua VA Medical Center and other outreach centers.
Every May 1st through the 29th, Post 134 Volunteers go out into the public at permitted locations to offer the Memorial Flower for donations.
Besides the small donations from the public.
WEGMANS has been a long time supporter of the Poppy drive with a large check every year.
The Irondequoit American legion Post 134 has made it their top priority to consistently help out the many organizations and programs throughout the surrounding area and Irondequoit that benefit our Veterans and community members alike.
Below are some of the many things that the Irondequoit American Legion Post 134 has been honored to be involved in and supported throughout the years.
- The Irondequoit Community Cupboard
- Canandaigua VA Hospital (activities)
- Honor Flight of Rochester
- The Irondequoit D.A.R.E. Program
- Mercy Flight Central
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Irondequoit Theatre Guild
- St. Michael's Church Matthews Closet
- Scholarships (Irondequoit Children of Vets)
- Spectacle of Lights at Camp Eastman
(To Benefit the Golisano Childrens Hospital)
- Flag Poles: Irondequoit Cemetery, Pinegrove
Community Center, Camp Eastman, and the
Irondequoit Police Dept. (Public Safety Bldg.)
- American Legion Baseball
- American Legion Boys State Program
- The Greater Rochester Soap Box Derby
- Irondequoit Police Nightstick Club
- Wolf Foundation Monarch Warrior Salute
- FLACE-ROCVTC (Monetary help to maintain the Rochester Veterans Court)
- Sunset House of Irondequoit (St. Paul Blvd.)
- Monroe County American Legion
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- Restoration of the WWII Canon (Sea Breeze)
- Veterans Outreach Center (South Avenue)
- Irondequoit Memorial Day Parade, Flag
Raising, and the Cemetery Ceremony
- Veterans Day Observance
(Irondequoit Town Hall Grounds)
- Flag Day Ceremony
(Irondequoit Town Hall Grounds)
- Irondequoit Cemetery (Veterans Plots)
- Camp Eastman Veterans Lodge (remodel)
- Irondequoit Veterans Memorial at the Town
- Camp Eastman Playground
- Town Hall Flags
- Movies at the Camp
- The Wolf Foundation (Nucor House in Penfield)
- Boy Scouts of America
- American Sewing Guild Rochester
- Irondequoit Police Deptartment
- Monroe County American Legion Auxiliary
- Rochester Sea Scout Ship 5555
- Sea Breeze Fire Department (Winter Parade)
- American Legion Greece Post 468
Please donate now to help support all of our great causes.
All of your donations go to the Irondequoit Post 134 American Legion and are Tax Deductible.
We are recognized as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(19) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
Donation checks should be payable to:
The Irondequoit American Legion Post 134
Attn: Angelo LaLoggia, 132 Long Park Drive, Rochester New York 14612
E-mail: [email protected] Phone: 585-544-8297
"Yours for the good of our Country and the American Legion"
Irondequoit American Legion Post #134 Copyright 2013-2019 Web design by Bill Reger